Burn Permit

The Burn Pit is permanently closed. But the Fairplay Slash Site is open.

**As of 6/19/19, Park County is under a single burn permit. Meaning, the open burning guidelines have been standardized into one burn permit that is used by each fire district, but each fire district will still have jurisdiction over their area. Therefore, you must obtain a burn permit from the fire district in which you live. A burn permit is not transferable from one district to another.

Please review the new burn permit as some guidelines have been updated. Call our recorded line to report your burn to the fire district BEFORE you burn (719) 270-2967.


A $10 annual Burn Permit is required for anyone doing open burning including fire pit, outdoor fireplace, slash pile or campfire. When calling 719-836-4160 for Park County burn restrictions, remember that North-West Fire is District 4.

Click on Burn Permit and open with Adobe Reader to complete.

To fill out the permit, you may have to install Adobe Reader which is a free download at: get Adobe Reader.

Steps to email form:
1.  Open the ‘Burn Permit‘ in Adobe Reader.
2.  Fill out the ‘Burn Permit’ on your computer.
3.  Save the completed ‘Burn Permit’ on your computer.
4.  Email the completed ‘Burn Permit’ to tsmith@nwfpd.org
5.  Click the PayPal button below to pay for your burn permit.
6.   A burn permit number will be assigned to you once the permit is                    reviewed.

Steps to mail in form:
1. Fill out the ‘Burn Permit‘ on your computer.
2. Print ‘Burn Permit’
3. Mail ‘Burn Permit’ and Check for $10 made payable to ‘North-West Fire Protection District‘ to:

North-West Fire Protection District
PO Box 1090
Fairplay, CO 80440

When North-West Fire Protection District receives your completed burn permit and your payment, the approved ‘Burn Permit’ will be emailed/mailed to you with a permit number at the address you supplied on the ‘Burn Permit’ form.

If you have any questions please contact us at: 719-836-3150.